Background

Monday, January 9, 2017

Add a Little Birthday Sparkle


I've been in a watercoloring mood for a while now and this card set I'm sharing from you didn't dampen my spirits a bit.  Instead, they turned out so lovely that it spurred me on.  I'm expecting more for 2017 myself, but you never know what latest and greatest might catch my crafty fancy.

Today I'm sharing cards stamped in black Archival Ink using my new to me Rubbernecker Stamps Thorny Rose stamp.  I also used my new to me Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I stamped onto Bristol paper because everyone says how easy the Zig markers are to use on that type of paper.  They were right!  I used the markers to lay down color in strategic places and a waterbrush to spread the color over all the petals.  The results are amazing!  A simple finish with a Spectrum Noir Glitter pen adds some sparkle to the page.  This is why I had to use my Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles stamp set for the sentiments.






Wow - that's a lot of cards.  They, too, will go into the stash to be given away - probably as a set or in a card set for gifts.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, somehow they reminded me of Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?