Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Great Day's Worth of Crafting




I unashamedly lifted Brandy's design using her IO Hollyhocks dies.  I first die cut the hollyhocks from Bristol paper and then used my Mission Gold watercolors to paint the individual die cuts.  What happened is this lovely bloom look.  I then die cut grass using my IO small grass dies and repeated the watercoloring.  The background washes were colored and then die cut using my stitched rectangles dies.



This last card I used a bluebells die that I won from Loly over at Card Ville.  The technique worked well with this die too.  I've made quite a few of these cards as a set and plan to give them away.  I was so pleased with how these turned out, don't be surprised if I repeat this technique soon!
  

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your cards; your watercolouring is amazing. Gorgeous colors and the stitiched borders are a trendy detail. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?