Background

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

City Crafter Challenge 300 - Polka Dots


I'm back again with my last card for the month long guest designer spot at the City Crafter Challenge Blog.  This month has flown by, but I can say that I've been challenged and inspired.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to join.  For this last challenge, my card is a little more abstract in the take on the inspiration.  The challenge is to create a card or project and add polka dots to your project (patterned paper, stamps, etc.).    We've this inspiration photo to work from:




I super love grey and mint green.  However, I decided to go in a different direction when I couldn't find just the right color of mint color.  Instead, I went shopping in the Scrapbox and found this blue embossed cardstock.  It definitely has polka dots and I used the color to inspire my focal point image.

I started the image by stamping the container onto Strathmore watercolor paper.  I followed the techniques in this video to soften the color and place and soften the flowers from the Flower stamp set.  The grass was created using the Foliage stamp set.  All images were stamped using Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Shaded Lilac, Worn Lipstick, Faded Jeans).  I have a small size 3 watercolor brush I used for all the images.  I used my SSS Stitched Rectangles dies to die cut the image and the grey mat.  Turns out I was also somewhat inspired by the colors in the image.

Please come join the City Crafter Challenge Blog for another challenge- what inspires you from the photo?  Be sure to use polka dots somewhere on your project.  I can't wait to see you over there.



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the layers and fabulous watercolour! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie it has been fun and a privilege to have you with us. You are talented and an inspiration. I love all the time, effort, attention and creativity you put in all your GD projects. It has been a wonderful month. Your card for my theme has a simple touch of elegance and it's gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a sweet and lovely card, I think the blue polka dots background is perfect for the beautiful pot of flowers, thanks for being our special guest star this month Andie, such a pleasure to work with you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Andie ... Your card is so beautiful ... I'm in awe of the beautiful watercoloured image and the swiss dot E/B folder is my all time favourite... It's been such a pleasure to have you with us this past month ... Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been a pleasure to follow you this last month and I do appreciate your lovely comments on my blog. This is a fabulous piece of art to finish your stay with a City Crafter. Soft delicate colours you would never think this was stamped just beautiful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that the dots are part of your cardstock - this is just such a pretty card with a delightfully delicate watercolour look. Thank you Andie for being such a fabulous guest at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?