Background

Thursday, February 11, 2016

City Crafter Challenge 298 - It All Began in Paris Number 2


Good morning!  I am back with another card made using my KaiserCrafts Bonjour stamp set. There is a certain challenge with being the guest designer over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog for the entire month of February, I'm finding it makes me a bit more prolific as I test and play with color more because of my desire to transform my idea onto paper.  Hostess Kirsty picked this photo to inspire us:
The theme requires only that your project be inspired by the photo.  The rectangular frame  was stamped with Archival black ink onto white cardstock.  I then stamped the Eiffel tower in the frame using my Close To My Heart ink.  I forget the name, but it is a very pinkish-red ink. I once again went shopping in the ScrapBox to find this romatic patterned paper for the background.  The entire frame was cut out, edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then adhered using foam squares.  The flowers in the background around the frame were hand stamped onto a piece of patterned paper using the Bonjour stamp set and colored with watercolor paint.  The result is a very romantic scene.  I fussy cut the bottom right corner out of the paper and used foam squares to lift it off the edge of the card so that the bird could rise in front of the frame.  The finished card fits my image of what I wanted to do once I saw that pink Eiffel Tower.  I will definitely be back with at least one more card this week.  I only need to find the time to snap a photo and edit to post.

You must be inspired by now?  Come on over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog and join the fun.  I'm also going to link up with Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #219 : Anything Goes.



5 comments:

  1. Such lovely and elegant card. This card with a bit more color is stunning; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est tres romantic, the frame with that wonderful tower is so elegant and almost regal. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous Paris creation! So beautiful and ornate - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and love those corner embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?