Background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

One Lingering Father's Day Card


I discovered these pictures in my folder and realized that I didn't share them on the blog.  This card was made for my father-in-law for Father's Day.

I used my new Darkroom Door Trees stamp set to make this card. Both the tree and the sentiment come from that set.  I used a Fantastick and some of my Forest Moss Distress Ink to color the leaves.

The scattered leaves/grass is a small bit of Flower Soft that was left over from a card class.  It seemed to tie in the color of the patterned paper to the stamped image.  I'm wishing I'd added a little of the red in the leaves.  Hindsight is always 20/20.



The inside was finished with one of my older stamp sets and some of the coordinating patterned paper.  Simple and effective for a father-in-law.  We live about 2 1/2 hours away, so this card was sent off with our love and a small gift card for movies on us. 


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. Love the papers and really love that tree stamp and what a perfect sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I think I need some of that Flower Soft, the stuff you've been doing with it lately is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie,
    I just saw some of the Flower Soft at my local scrap store and was intrigued by it. I love, love, love what you did with it! Makes me what that tree in my front yard :) Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?