Background

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Heartfelt Creations- Sympathy Card


Working my way through to caught up.  This is the second of three cards from the Heartfelt Creations card class that Brandy and I missed at the CK convention earlier this year. I will admit that of the three cards in the class kit, this was the one I was least impressed with the finished design.  There's a couple of things that my matchy, matchy mind struggle with- the fat and flat look of the swirly oval window in comparison to the very intricate stamped background, the white oval inset to the window is too small and you can see the mismatch peaking through, and finally the too-simple color palette that just doesn't create much interest. 

Surprising for me- I usually am just stunned by the design efforts of Heartfelt Creations.  Still, trying to make some lemonade with my lemons I thought that this would make a very smart, non-flashy sympathy card.  I, thankfully, am not currently in need of a sympathy card.  However, I think I salvaged something gift worthy from this card. 

Since we weren't in class, we missed out stamping a very intricate swirl onto the white oval.  I found this substitute in my Fiskars set and stamped using a purple teardrop Brilliance ink.  I added glitter to the pre-cut swirly window, the stamped swirl and the butterflies (which were pre-stamped/cut and provided in the kit).  The vellum butterflies are simply fabulous.  I stamped the sentiment in silver Brilliance ink.  Its a little too light, but again, I think it works with the mono-chromatic design.  The picture doesn't really capture the finished look. 

Ack- they can't all be stunning, right?!  This will go in the card stash and I hope to have it for some time without needing to offer my sympathies. 


1 comment:

  1. I do love those butterflies - but also understand what you don't like about it! Love the colours though. Hope you have a great rest of the weekend :-) Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?