Background

Friday, January 14, 2011

Quick Little Post

My sister-in-law, Lorie, has graciously hosted a Christmas breakfast every year since my husband and I started dating (with only a very few exceptions- one being the lovely wedding of her eldest daughter a few years ago).  It's been twenty years now and I can say that every year this is an event that our whole family is looking forward to.  This year, I had the pleasure of creating the placecards used to identify where everyone sits.  There can be upwards to 30+ people at this gathering (if we're all together like this year), which makes having placecards to tell everyone where to sit simply a necessary process to speed access to the delicious food.

Here's a quick picture of the cards:


The white placecard comes from the Cricut cart Thanksgiving.  The size is approximately 2 1/2 in.  I cut out an entire 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of scratch printer paper to identify the location that the cards would cut each time.  Then, I created a word document with text boxes in the locations that I wanted the names to be printed.  Here's an example of one sheet:



After cutting out all of the cards with the names on them using the Cricut, I then cut out the Santa hat from Joys of the Season.  I believe the size is 1 3/4 in. tall.  I cut the hat form out of red cardstock, then I cut the layers (brim and pom-pom) out of white cardstock.  Using some Martha Stewart white tinsel glitter and FlowerSoft craft glue, I created a very "snowy" accent for each hat.  Sorry about the picture quality, I'm still learning...




This was a ton of fun and something I can see me using in a variety of ways.  I am grateful Lorie let me help.

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?