Background

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Celebrating 45 Years of Marriage


 Whew!  That was a strong month long break in the blogging.  I wish I could say that it was a planned break to refresh and renew or that I was off on some exotic adventure.  Nope - just plain busy life got the better of me.  Between work and home life challenges, I have been consumed.  What I found this week is that I've sacrificed some of the things that keep me whole, energized and renewed.  Crafting and blogging are some of those things and so I'm here today to share with you the card that I made for my mom and dad's 45th wedding anniversary.  We celebrated last night - their actual anniversary - with a simple, causal dinner at my home.  My grandparents (my mom's parents) were able to join us along with her brother (who lives with my grandparents) and my sister, including both her kid and my kids.

It was special and this card was a strong mark for the day.  The 45th wedding anniversary is a sapphire celebration so I used some sapphire colored cardstock and my Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose stamps and dies to create these flowers.  The frame die cuts were made using my Heartfelt Creations Leafy Borders dies

On the inside, a sentiment using my Concord and 9th Happy Day stamp set so that it was specific to the occasion.  My husband and I have our own milestone anniversary later this year and we're grateful for the stunning example of perseverance and love that is my parents marriage.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?