Background

Friday, August 18, 2017

A Cheerfully Sherbet Kind of Card


So, I'd picked up the first 12 of the Distress oxide inks and thought to create something stunning with them.  I'm not sure that this qualifies, but I really enjoyed the creating.

The Distress Oxides are so creamy and smooth.  They go onto Bristol paper (all elements in this card...) so well and they stamp neatly too.  I die cut the balloon using my Studio Katia Dotted Balloons dies to cut one big balloon out of the center of my card.  I then layered the Distress oxides, creating a smooth transition by going back over the areas.  A little splattered water makes a nice finish.

I just love how the ink coordinates to stamp the sentiment.  Crisp, clear and easier to read in person than my photography shows.  I've wanted to make a window card like this for quite a while and was pleasantly pleased with how this turned out.

Wow, a second card this week with no flowers.  I'm going to link up to the City Crafter Challenge Blog: You Don't Bring Me Flowers challenge, Simon Say Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Add A Sentiment and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge296/297: Anything Goes.


4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Andie!! Love everything about this soft colored birthday card! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Sentiment” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you underestimate yourself because I do think this card is stunning! The colours you choosed for this card go so well together and your design is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soft, pretty card, it's wonderful. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, especially the color work! Finally get back to my desk after a series of traveling, however, need to catch up with sleep though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?