Background

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Gifting Cards This Christmas


My good friend Kyle (she of the painted pumpkin ilk at Halloween!) decided to join a gift exchange at the school district.  When she informed me of her obligation to make 16 (sixteen!) gifts and stuff them into a stocking I asked if she wanted to get together and make a set of cards.  So I will admit that the cards stuffed into these pockets weren't all made by my hand - Kyle ends up being wonderfully talented and diligent help.  I have photographed the cards, but getting all those photos edited at once is more than I can bear.  I'll work on it over the next couple of weeks and eeek them out to you all so you can see her handiwork.


These card pockets are very simple - I trimmed a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper to 9 x 11, then scored it on the 9 inch side at 3 inches.  I scored the 11 inch side at 5 1/4 and 5 3/4, folding all the score lines to make the pocket.  There are two glue dots to hold the folded center up making space for the cards - simple, but effective and at the last minute darling!


On the outside I stamped the sentiment using my Concord and 9th O Holy Night stamp set.  I'm lovin' this stamp for Christmas!  I die cut the sentiment, layering on another die cut and using glue dots, the sentiment holds the ribbon in place to wrap around and close the pocket.



I made these sets (some of my work, some of Kyle's!) for some ladies I'm keeping in touch with - dear ladies whom I've come to cherish.  It is good to have these kinds of connections.  I'm hoping they use up every one of those cards because I mean to make them some more next year!

May your Christmas eve be filled with the wonder of Christmas!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?