Background

Monday, December 16, 2013

Final Card and Box for Gift Set


I did it!  I did it!  One gift down.  I was able to finish my card set and make a box to give them in.  Here's the details:


  • The sentiment is stamped in brown Archival Ink using my Heartfelt Expressions stamp set and cut with my trusty Creative Memories oval cutters. Don't they make the most perfect matted frames?
  • Those edges are rolled again- nice touch to a card where the star of the show is the pattern in the paper. 
  • A little glue pen and some of my Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  This glitter is much finer than the colored versions and has a delicate effect.


  • I modified Karon's box tutorial to make a lid over the box bottom.  I didn't take pictures (the rush, oh the rush) of my box dimensions.  If I get a chance, I'll recreate and make a tutorial post.  Don't hold your breathe, Karon did a nice job and you can follow her instructions.
  • The patterned paper was cut to wrap around the bottom and top of the pieces with short, thin versions for each side.  A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink hid my imperfections in cutting.
  • The swirl was fussy cut from another piece of patterned paper.  Rough going in some places, but I edged with a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink and you can hardly notice.  
  • Some more Vintage Florets and a few leaves make up my eye catcher.  
  • The sentiment comes from a Glitz Pretty in Pink stamp set.  I simply stamped in brown Archival Ink and fussy cut it out. 


The note cards fit right in.  No tag needed, everyone at the party (all seven coworkers and their signficants) knew who had made the cards.  I'm delighted to tell you that there was a bit of a fuss made- two steals to send this lovely home with my boss.  A bit of vanity right there, folks.  I'm so glad that they liked the set.  I did too in the end.











Here's the other three one last time.

http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2013/12/a-gift-card-set.html    http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2013/12/another-card-for-set.html    http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2013/12/a-third-card-for-gift-set.html




3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gifts, with that many beautiful cards, the recipient will be jumping with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh roses - those caught my eye. Your cards are lovely, all. Great box with the swirl, and reusable afterwards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous final card for you gift set. They are all gorgeous and no doubt the recipient was very happy! Love the box and how it has a lid. Thanks for the shout out and can't wait to see how you put this together! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?